Monday, November 23, 2015

Underwater Chilling


My  concept  is  being  in  an  unnatural  location/  habitat.  I'm  standing  normally  as  I  would  on  land,  however  being  underwater  counters  the  norm  and  the  expected.  It  delivers  a  message  of  being  at  piece  with  the  out  of  place  and  unity  of  two  foreign  or  opposite  parts  of  the  planet.  As  I  am  standing  with  a  relaxed  posture,  in  no  tense  position,  as  one  would  expect  when  being  underwater,  a  sense  of  unity  is  introduced  throughout.
Although  I  lost  part  of  my  work  as  the  computer  was  restarted,  i  am  generally  happy  with  the  results.







I  added  layer  masks  in  order  to  hide  pixels  on  the  previous  layer.  First  I  selected  "add  layer  mask"  Then  I  hit  control  click and  selected  large  thumbnails.  White  reveals  while  black  hides.  I  used  black  in  order  to  hide  the  previous  layer  and  show the  water.

6 comments:

  1. I like your choice of the background. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of your piece. I was interested in seeing what you would do, and it looks pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nick, that it's a very simple photo but very interesting at the same time! Did you change the original color of the ocean, or was that the original color?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your image really blends in with the background, I like how it seems very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your image really blends in with the background, I like how it seems very natural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the image of the background looks vivid and that you blended yourself very well that the picture looks real and unphotoshopped.

    ReplyDelete